William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A delightful chutney with a definite cranberry taste. Excellent with turkey or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped peeled and cored apples
- 2 medium navel oranges, zest grated,pith discarded and the fruit coarsely chopped
- 1 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Wash and rinse cranberries well in cold water.
- 2In a large heavy bottom saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently.
- 5Prepare 7- 1/2 pint jars by washing with soap and hot water.
- 6Rinse well with clean hot water.
- 7Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 8Place clean jars upside down on oven rack and heat for at least 15 minutes.
- 9Ladle hot chutney into hot jars, leaving 1/2" headspace.
- 10Wipe rims clean.
- 11Apply lids according to manufacturer's directions.
- 12Apply screw tops just finger tight.
- 13Place jars on a towel and cover with another towel until cooled.
- 14Jars are sealed when you hear each jar"pop", and lids should be concave (depressed down.) Label jars and store in a cool, dry place.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Cranberry Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (2252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 96.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: