Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For those who love cottage cheese, these perogies are a delightful treat. The original recipe was given to me by my Grandmother over 55 years ago. I have made some modifications to enhance the taste. Please see, Uncle Bill's Perogie Dough recipe, #53518 This filling is also good for Pyrahi: See, Uncle Bill's Pyrahi Dough, Uncle Bill's Pyrahi Dough
- 3 cups dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Squeeze as much liquid that you can from the dry curd cottage cheese and discard.
- In a mixing bowl, add cottage cheese, finely chopped green onions, beaten eggs, salt and pepper and mix well to blend.
- Use 1 heaping tablespoon for each perogie.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Serve with melted butter and sour cream if desired.
- These perogies freeze well.
I tried this recipe this weekend and it is the best I have ever used. I made several batches and each one was great, The dough is very easy to work with . I made over 120 for the Christmas holiday. Tonigh I made 2 dozen saurkraut perogies, which are more delicate and the dough held up very nicely. Thanks Uncle Bill for sharing a great recipe,my mothers recipe is more difficult and it is not exact measurements. Thanks Linda
Used this filling for your Pyrahi dough, gentle flavors and easy to put together. Like the dough I also halved this recipe. Again I like to thank you for posting this.