Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
For those who love cottage cheese, these perogies are a delightful treat. The original recipe was given to me by my Grandmother over 55 years ago. I have made some modifications to enhance the taste. Please see, Uncle Bill's Perogie Dough recipe, #53518 This filling is also good for Pyrahi: See, Uncle Bill's Pyrahi Dough, Uncle Bill's Pyrahi Dough
Top Review by shoppinlin
I tried this recipe this weekend and it is the best I have ever used. I made several batches and each one was great, The dough is very easy to work with . I made over 120 for the Christmas holiday. Tonigh I made 2 dozen saurkraut perogies, which are more delicate and the dough held up very nicely. Thanks Uncle Bill for sharing a great recipe,my mothers recipe is more difficult and it is not exact measurements. Thanks Linda
- 3 cups dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze as much liquid that you can from the dry curd cottage cheese and discard.
- In a mixing bowl, add cottage cheese, finely chopped green onions, beaten eggs, salt and pepper and mix well to blend.
- Use 1 heaping tablespoon for each perogie.
- Boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Serve with melted butter and sour cream if desired.
- These perogies freeze well.