This is such a simple way of preparing and cooking corn. All of the goodness is maintained within the corn. You will love it done this way. I prefer white corn or peaches and cream corn.
- Remove husk and all corn hair and discard.
- Wrap each corn on the cob in (microwave suitable) plastic wrap to seal completely.
- Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn corn over 1/2 turn and continue to microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let rest for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the plastic wrap, being very careful when you remove the wrap because of the steam.
- Serve with butter and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- If you are microwaving 2 corn on the cob at the same time, Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 3 minutes. Then turn the corn over 1/2 turn and continue to Microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 2 1/2 minutes, then let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Yellow corn is also very good if it is nice and young and not old kernels unless you prefer old corn.
I loved corn cooked this way, instead of plastic wrap I actually keep the corn in its husk and microwave each ear for 2 minutes each, so if I have 3 ears of corn I stick them all in at once for a total of 6 minutes. Perfect corn on the cob everytime. Thanks!
Made with "bread and butter" corn, our Mid-West term for the yellow and white sweet corn. I double rolled it in Parchment paper and twisted the ends tight for a perfectly steamed ear in the time stated. This was a terrific side with Ez Chicken and Veggies for One, Thanks for another of your wonderful recipes Uncle Bill! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
Perfect way to cook corn without heating up the kitchen! So easy. My favorite part was that the corn stayed hot in their plastic pouches until we were ready to eat each one. Thank you! I'll use this method very often.