1/7 Photos of Uncle Bill's Corn on the Cob - Microwave
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This is such a simple way of preparing and cooking corn. All of the goodness is maintained within the corn. You will love it done this way. I prefer white corn or peaches and cream corn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove husk and all corn hair and discard.
- 2Wrap each corn on the cob in (microwave suitable) plastic wrap to seal completely.
- 3Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 2 1/2 minutes.
- 4Turn corn over 1/2 turn and continue to microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- 5Remove from microwave and let rest for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Using a sharp knife, slice the plastic wrap, being very careful when you remove the wrap because of the steam.
- 7Serve with butter and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 8If you are microwaving 2 corn on the cob at the same time, Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 3 minutes. Then turn the corn over 1/2 turn and continue to Microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 2 1/2 minutes, then let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Yellow corn is also very good if it is nice and young and not old kernels unless you prefer old corn.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Corn on the Cob - Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g