1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's Choco Bars
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
A very nice dessert cookie type snack that young people just love. This recipe goes back many years and has been a family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup golden shortening
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and crunchy peanut butter.
- 2Add butter and shortening and using a pastry blender, blend until crumbly.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together egg and vanilla extract; whisk until smooth.
- 4Add egg/vanilla mixture to flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- 5Press mixture into a 10" x 15" cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 15 minutes.
- 7FROSTING: In a 4 cup measure, add chocolate chips and microwave on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- 8Stir well and microwave on medium-high for another 1 minute.
- 9Remove and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- 10Add butter and coconut and stir until well combined.
- 11Spread over warm base.
- 12Let cool completely.
- 13Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Choco Bars
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.2
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 43.7 mg
- Sodium 212.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g