1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's Chicken Cutlets Melanaise
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
The cutlets cook so quickly, crunchy on the outside and yet nice and moist on the inside. You may also use pork tenderloin cut into 1/2 inch thickness, then pounded to 1/4 inch thickness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/16 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Rinse chicken breast under cold water and then pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Place the chicken breasts in a plastic zip-lok that has been sprayed with a vegetable oil. This helps the the chicken slide while pounding. Using the bottom of a small frying pan, a meat hammer or a rolling pin; pound the chicken breasts carefully until they are about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- 3In a shallow dish, add flour, seasoning salt and pepper, mix well.
- 4In another shallow dish, add bread crumbs, Padano cheese and grated nutmeg; mix well.
- 5In a mixing bowl, add eggs and water and whisk until fluffy.
- 6Dip each cutlet in the egg mixture.
- 7Then dredge in the flour mixture, coating all areas well.
- 8Dip the flour coated cutlet again into the egg mixture; coating well.
- 9Now dip the cutlets into the bread crumb mixture; coating well and pressing the crumbs lightly into the cutlets.
- 10In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter on medium-high heat.
- 11Fry cutlets for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, then turn steaks over and fry for another 1 minute or until cutlets have no pink showing when making a small knife cut in the center to check for doneness.
- 12Because the cutlets are thin, they fry very quickly, do not burn.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Chicken Cutlets Melanaise
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1162.0
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 449.1 mg
- Sodium 1218.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 94.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: