Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This is such an easy recipe to make and has a marvelous taste using the combination of these 3 veggies.
Top Review by Lalaloula
Wow, this was really flavourful! So sweet and yet not too sweet. I used more parsnips (1 medium, 1 large one), because my family likes them so much. Then I also added some ground nutmeg and about 1tbs agave nectar. That really brought out the veggies flavours! Yum! Last I used 2 tbs cream cheese and 1 tbs butter instead of 3 tbs butter. But other than that I made it exactly as posted. The directions were very clear and the time very accurate. Thank you so much for sharing this!
- 5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnips or 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables as noted and place them in a large saucepan.
- Cover with water, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutues or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain well.
- Add salt, pepper and butter and mash well.
- Serve as a vegetable with your meal.
- This is also very good the next day, re-heated.
- Parsnips are available in different sizes. Measured across the top of the parsnips, Small - about 1 inch, Medium - about 1 1/2 inches, Large - about 2 inches.