Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A delicious creamy soup and very easy to make. I developed this soup over 20 years ago and it has been a favorite.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1 lb broccoli floret, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium size cooking pot, add water and chicken soup base and bring to boil.
- Add precooked onion/carrot/garlic to soup.
- Add broccoli florets, reserving (6- 8 pieces) of broccoli florets to be added near the end of cooking.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered, until broccoli is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, puree' soup in batches and return to cooking pot.
- Stir in half and half cream and remaining broccoli florets.
- In a cup, mix together flour and 1/4 cup water to form a thin liquid.
- Bring soup to boil; add flour mixture to thicken soup as desired, stirring constantly.
- Add soy sauce, black pepper and stir well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley when serving.
- You can also use some carrot curls for garnish.
- Serve soup hot or cold.