Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe originated from the B.C. Blueberry Council. We are now in the season for blueberries and spinach and this is an excellent recipe to have during the hot weather we are having.
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, lightly toasted
- 1⁄4 cup soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash spinach well.
- Remove stems from spinach and discard.
- Divide spinach leaves onto 4 plates.
- Divide and sprinkle blueberries over.
- Divide and sprinkle toasted pecans over.
- Cut goat cheese into small balls and roll in poppy seeds to coat.
- Divide cheese and place on plates.
- In a food processor or blender, process olive oil, blueberries, white vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing over salad in amounts to your liking.
What's not to like? Fresh local blueberries-Oregon grown! Step #6 is creative, unexpected and delightful! What a presentation! Few minor changes: white balsamic for plain vinegar and agave nectar for granulated sugar. Thanks Uncle Bill! xoxoxo cg Added to Book #82435