Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent filling recipe and expecially when the blueberries are fresh.
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca starch (cornstarch can also be used)
- If you are using frozen blueberries, thaw before using.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and tapioca starch until well mixed.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture to be used for adding to the base of the pastry.
- Add remaining sugar mixture to the blueberries and carefully mix well to coat berries.
- Let mixture sit for about 5 minutes before using.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar/tapioca starch mixture to the dough rounds or pastry cups.
- Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of blueberries into either the regular dough or the pastry dough.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is just lightly browned.