Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
A delicious blueberry cheesecake that is not difficult to make.
Top Review by g'ma w
I made this for a company potluck. The crust was soggy from the blueberries and the cheesecake filling wasn't very creamy. I did like the flavor of the crust (that did not absorb the blueberry liquid) and will use this portion of the recipe again.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, finely chopped almonds, 1/4 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Drizzle egg mixture over crumbly flour mixture and mix until egg mixture is just incorporated and the mixture is still crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly over the bottom of an 11" x 1 1/2" spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until surface is no longer shiny.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spoon 3 cups of blueberries evenly over baked base.
- Sprinkle remainder of 1/4 cup of sugar over the blueberries.
- FILLING: In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup of sugar, eggs and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over blueberries.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch.
- Remove cake form oven and immediately run a knife around inside of rim to loosen cake.
- Let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- SAUCE: Puree' 1 cup of blueberries in a blender.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberry puree' and sugar and cook over medium-high heat just long enough to dissolve sugar, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and let cool.
- TO SERVE: Remove sides from spring form pan.
- Cut cheesecake into wedge slices.
- Pour some blueberry sauce on each serving plate.
- Place a piece of cheesecake in pool of sauce, then spoon more sauce over cheesecake.
- If using frozen blueberries, make sure they are thawed, drained and patted dry with paper toweling.