1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's Beef Roast in a Slow Cooker
6 hrs 15 mins
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I made this recipe just 2 days ago using several of my original recipes. Made various modifications and additions to have this turn out so tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs outside round roast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, bits and pieces include liquid
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 white pearl onions (silver skin onions)
- 12 baby carrots
- 6 medium yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 medium fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 large celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a heavy bottom frying pan.
- 2Sear and brown roast on all sides.
- 3Let roast cook for a few minutes.
- 4Using a narrow sharp paring knife, punch holes in the roast at various intervals to about 1 1/2 inches in depth.
- 5Stuff each hole with one piece of bacon and one piece of garlic, push down into the cut.
- 6Place roast in a slow cooker set on low heat.
- 7Add water, bits and pieces mushrooms including liquid, and mushroom soup.
- 8Sprinkle onion soup mix over the roast.
- 9Now add salt, pepper.
- 10Remove the outer skin from the onions and add to the crock pot.
- 11Add baby carrots, whole potatoes, fresh mushrooms and red wine.
- 12Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours, turning the roast at least 4 times during cooking.
- 13At the end of 5 hours, add celery, cover and continue to cook until the time reaches 6 hours.
- 14Cut or slice the beef and serve with veggies and the tasty gravy that is cooked.
- 15A nice piece of Italian bread or sour dough bread goes very nicely to dip into the gravy.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Beef Roast in a Slow Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (600 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 165.8 mg
- Sodium 1309.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 62.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: