Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is a nice change on either Caesar Salads or a regular lettuce/mix salad. Very quick and easy to prepare. For the best taste, use the 6 year old balsamic vinegar.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar (6 or 12 year old preferred)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- In a food processor or blender, add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, musard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic cloves, shallot, pepper, water and process until smooth.
- With processor on low speed, add olive oil slowly in a steady stream and process for 30 seconds.
- Add liquid honey and process to blend for 30 seconds.
- Store dressing in a container with a lid in the refrigerator.
- Stir or shake dressing before using.
Pretty darn good...cut it in half so it wouldn't have piles of it forever...
My daughter loves Balsamic Vinegar Dressing so I though to try out your recipe. There was no way I would even go through 2-1/2 cups of dressing, so I cut the recipe in half. It was on the thin side and taking into other suggestions and making changes here and there, it didn't cling to the greens the way I liked. Even with that, I ended up having to throw most of it out as we just don't go through dressing that fast. Sorry
The consistency of the dressing wasn't all that appealing, but the taste was good.