Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This dressing is a nice change on either Caesar Salads or a regular lettuce/mix salad. Very quick and easy to prepare. For the best taste, use the 6 year old balsamic vinegar.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar (6 or 12 year old preferred)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, musard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic cloves, shallot, pepper, water and process until smooth.
- With processor on low speed, add olive oil slowly in a steady stream and process for 30 seconds.
- Add liquid honey and process to blend for 30 seconds.
- Store dressing in a container with a lid in the refrigerator.
- Stir or shake dressing before using.