Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is a nice change on either Caesar Salads or a regular lettuce/mix salad. Very quick and easy to prepare. For the best taste, use the 6 year old balsamic vinegar.
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar (6 or 12 year old preferred)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- In a food processor or blender, add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, musard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic cloves, shallot, pepper, water and process until smooth.
- With processor on low speed, add olive oil slowly in a steady stream and process for 30 seconds.
- Add liquid honey and process to blend for 30 seconds.
- Store dressing in a container with a lid in the refrigerator.
- Stir or shake dressing before using.
Pretty darn good...cut it in half so it wouldn't have piles of it forever...
My daughter loves Balsamic Vinegar Dressing so I though to try out your recipe. There was no way I would even go through 2-1/2 cups of dressing, so I cut the recipe in half. It was on the thin side and taking into other suggestions and making changes here and there, it didn't cling to the greens the way I liked. Even with that, I ended up having to throw most of it out as we just don't go through dressing that fast. Sorry