1/1 Photo of Uncle Bill's Asparagus Pasta Primavera
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
I developed this recipe several years ago, as I had an abundance of my own home grown asparagus and just had to find new ways of using the asparagus. I submitted this recipe to TASTE OF HOME to see if it would rate. Well, I was awarded a runner-up prize which made me feel real good. It can be found in the April/May, 2004 Taste of Home edition on Page 27, ASPARAGUS PASTA PRIMAVERA. There's plenty of fresh herb flavor in this delicious pasta meal that blends asparagus, ham, mushrooms and plum tomatoes. Sometimes I like to use spinach linguine or fettuccine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (regular button mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the asparagus; cover and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add the mushrooms, ham, basil, oregano and rosemary.
- 5Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook 3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 8Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- 9Drain and place in a large bowl.
- 10Add asparagus mixture and toss to coat.
- 11Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Uncle Bill's Asparagus Pasta Primavera
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 632.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 17.5 g