Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This apple filling recipe has a nice touch of cinnamon flavor.
- 3 large apples, of your choice peeled cored and diced (about 4 cups diced)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml tapioca starch
- 9.85 ml ground cinnamon
- Prepare apples and place into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over and mix to coat.
- This prevents the apples from turning brown.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar, tapioca starch and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Add mixture to apples and mix well to coat.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple mixture to the dough rounds or the prepared pastry cups.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is just lightly browned.
I used this great filling with your peroshky dough Uncle Bill's Pastry Dough for Peroshky what a treat, the filling turned out just the perfect texture to fill the peroshky dough, thanks Uncle Bill!...Kitten:)
This was a wonderful filling, I used it to make apple turnovers. I love that it has a "on hand" ingredients. Thanks Uncle Bill!