Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This apple filling recipe has a nice touch of cinnamon flavor.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I used this great filling with your peroshky dough recipe#53862 what a treat, the filling turned out just the perfect texture to fill the peroshky dough, thanks Uncle Bill!...Kitten:)
- 3 large apples, of your choice peeled cored and diced (about 4 cups diced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare apples and place into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over and mix to coat.
- This prevents the apples from turning brown.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar, tapioca starch and ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Add mixture to apples and mix well to coat.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes before using.
- Add about 1 1/2 tablespoons of apple mixture to the dough rounds or the prepared pastry cups.
- Bake in preheated 400 F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is just lightly browned.