- 4 large apples, of your choice peeled,cored and sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- FILLING: Peel, core and slice apples to a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice and toss gently to coat.
- Arrange apples in a 8" x 8" oven proof baking dish to cover bottom of dish evenly; set aside.
- TOPPING: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and lemon rind.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in margarine or butter and blend until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and mix well.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before using.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.