Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 min
A delightful tuna dish with a touch of heat from the Wasabi powder and black pepper, but oh, so good.
- 1 lb very fresh tuna, cut 1 inch thick (2 steaks)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder (Japanese Horseradish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Melt butter in a small casserole dish (in a microwave).
- Place tuna steaks into the melted butter and coat all sides.
- In a small bowl, mix together wasabi powder, coarse black pepper and granulated garlic powder.
- Sprinkle tuna steaks with wasabi mixture on all sides and lightly rub into the steaks with your fingers.
- Heat olive oil and any left over butter in a heavy-bottom frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add tuna steaks and sear for 45 seconds, then turn over and sear for another 45 seconds.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK TUNA STEAKS.
- Just make sure that you have a light crust on each side.
- Let fish rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
- You may serve whole or cut into thin slices.
- Serve on cooked rice or Saffron Ratatouille.
- Then spoon some Lemon Basil Pesto over steaks.
- Purchase Ahi Ahi Tuna - yellow fin, this is the best.
A perfect way of making very delicious tuna steak with minimum of complication. Wasabi powder is so good on tuna!
Yummy!! I like tunas very much. And I added more garlic powder because I liked garlic very much. The crust is fragrant; and the center of the tuna with moisture. Because I had not had Lemon Basil Pesto, the lemon juice was sprinkled. This recipe is so incredibly delicious! I will frequently make these. Thank you for sharing the recipe.