- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oleo or 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg
- 3⁄4 cup water (or anything you drink) or 3⁄4 cup milk (or anything you drink) or 3⁄4 cup apple juice (or anything you drink)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a pastry blender cut The first 4 ingredients into "pea size" pieces & save 1/2 cup for final topping.
- to the remaining "pea size pieces" make a well in the middle &.
- add and mix lightly all the remaining ingredients. Pour into a sprayed 9 inch pan
- and sprinkle that reserved 1/2 cup topping all over.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.