Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Canned soups are life savers in all sorts of recipes but sometimes you really want that homemade taste.This creamy soup will fill the bill.This recipe comes from about.com a guide to Southern cuisine.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a large saucepan,heat butter and olive oil.
- over medium-low heat.Add the diced chicken,.
- carrot and celery;cook,stirring until the.
- chicken is nearly cooked through.Add the mushrooms and cook,stirring until mushrooms.
- are tender.
- Stir in flour until blended;add chicken broth.
- and thyme.Bring to a simmer,keep stirring.
- Cover and reduce heat to low;cook for about.
- 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste;stir in cream and heat through.
This chicken and mushroom soup had a good flavor with all the veges added. However, I prefer thicker soups and this one was a bit too thin for me. When making this again, I will add more flour to thicken the soup, and the thyme was a bit too strong so I will reduce the amount added. Thanks for posting this recipe. Adopted for PAC April 2008.