My friend Mandy made these for a holiday party and I could not stop eating them! With only 4 ingredients, they are a snap to make. I like them because they are not breaded and they are baked instead of being fried for a carb healthy snack. You can use light cream cheese and light cheddar cheese to cut some of the fat, too, but I'm posting the full fat version that I originally tasted. I promise that you will not be able to resist these little puppies!
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut stems off of peppers and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and veins from the peppers (you may want to wear gloves to keep the oils off of your hands).
- When finished, make sure you rinse the peppers so the oils are removed from the outside of the pepper.
- Fill each pepper half with cream cheese. If using large peppers, you may have to use more cream cheese than listed above.
- Cut the slices of bacon to fit on top of each pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. If you keep them next to each other in a bunch on the cookie sheet, it is easier to sprinkle the cheese on top and keep it there instead of having it fall off and burn on the cookie sheet. Just make sure you separate the cheese carefully when they are done baking and still warm.
- Bake until bacon is fully cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and serve when cooled. (They can be made the night before and stored in an air tight container in the fridge).
Wonderful flavors. They're so easy to do. No need to cook the bacon first, that's great! Thanks PSU Lioness :) Made for New Kids on the block tag game
Big hit at our superbowl party! I didn't change a thing. Will definitely make sure I have gloves next time :)