From a Gay Lea recipe flyer. Definitely not a low fat recipe. Tried numerous recipes previously with mixed results (too dry, too crumbly), but these are always mmmm....perfect! Enjoy with soup, salad, chili. Add grated cheese if you wish. Can be frozen.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease or put muffin cups into a 12-muffin pan. (or use a 9-inch square baking pan).
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl, combine wet ingredients: eggs, sour cream and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Put into muffin cups or baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
meh...mine turned out pretty dry and not great. The flavor is just barely there even though I added honey per other reviews. Will try it again though because the base is pretty good!
This is a good muffin and was indeed moist--but for me the sour cream flavor dominated. It would be great with chili, but was not quite what I was looking for to pair with crab legs and a salad! Thank you for the good recipe!
Indeed, very moist, fluffy and tender. There is a lot of sour cream and butter which I cut back a little on, substituting a bit of milk to make up for the liquid I left out. A very lovely cornmeal muffin.