Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is awesome!! I make it as a gift for my friends every Christmas and they cannot wait to get it. It always brings raves. It tastes best when kept in the fridge and served cold.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in large bowl.
- Add eggs, water, oil and pumpkin.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into two greased 9/5 loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then remove bread from pans and allow to cool completely.
OMG1 This is the best pumpkin bread ever.Very moist ,full of flavor and easy to make. This is a wonderful way to begin Autumn.My kids LOVED the aroma of our home as it was baking and loved eating it even more! This recipe will be handed down to future generations.thanks
This is really good bread. I made 5 mini loaves for a bake sale. The ease of preparation and the attractive loaves earned this recipe a five. I did feel that the bread lacked a little in flavor. A "spicier" flavor would have suited my personal preference better. Next time I will use some pumpkin pie spice or add some ground cloves. Thanks for a great recipe.
This is very moist pumpkin bread. I used white wheat flour and 1/2 splenda. I made two large loaves and two mini loaves with this. Even with all the spices we thought it was a little less spicy then we would like. An easy one to make. Thanks.