Recipe by Lightly Toasted
These are so easy, I'm almost embarassed to post this. Great recipe for kids to get started with baking....or just for a quick treat.
Top Review by Ms B.
Anyone who knows me knows that I don't really like to bake. And, I really don't like to bake cookies. But, this recipe was simple enough that I was willing to sacrifice to make it. Besides...pumpkin spice? What can be wrong about that? LOL I tackled the recipe late one Sunday evening to satisfy a craving. I wasn't so thrilled with the cookies that night. They seemed dry and lacking a little in flavor. HOWEVER, the next morning, after sealed overnight in a rubbermaid container, the cookies really seemed to come into their own. They were dense, but moist; the spices came to life with the pumpkin flavor; they were very good with my coffee. They were everything that I like my cakey cookies to be. I will probably make these again to satisfy my sweet tooth, but I won't be baking them at 10pm at night again. LOL
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, pumpkin puree, and seasonings until well blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, flattening slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove to a baking rack to finish cooling.
- Combine Icing ingredients, and drizzle over the top of the cooled cookies.