1/13 Photos of Unbelievably Easy Potato Soup
Don't let the sparse ingredient list fool you. This is a recipe that's so easy to make yet so delicious that everyone inhales it. My mother was raised on this soup and she served it often to us. My grown daughters now demand it when they are home. To this day, entering the house on a cold day and smelling this soup is the most comforting, delicious aroma imaginable. It's also non-fat if you use skim milk. (But I like half-and-half, myself!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cube potatoes.
- 2Put in a saucepan along with the onions and celery.
- 3Add water, but don't quite cover the vegetables.
- 4Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- 5Using a potato masher, coarsely crush the potatoes, but don't mash them--you want chunks left.
- 6Add enough milk or cream to thin to desired thickness and add salt& pepper to taste.
- 7(It will take a lot of salt!).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unbelievably Easy Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g