Recipe by SpicyDoc
I'm doing more quickie meals in an electric wok--even better if I don't have to 'set aside' and other such stall tactics. I made this on a whim and ate it all. Use any amount or type of curry powder/paste you like. Add other stuff and play to your cravings.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces chicken breasts or 4 ounces beef or 4 ounces pork or 4 ounces shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry paste or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little oil in the wok. Saute onions until soft then add the meat and cook through. Keep on going until the onions are as soft as you like them.
- Add the peas, potatoes, and water and get bubbling.
- Stir in the curry and simmer for 5 minutes. Add more liquid if you want it runnier.
- Add hot sauce to taste. I used lots of Carribean yellow stuff.
- Eat, using a bowl/plate, or straight out of the wok (less dishes).