Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Paula Deen recipe that's just delicious, homegrown tomatoes and homemade mayonnaise is a must in this recipe. I make my mayo in the food processor, doesn't take long this way. This is the most requested lunch in the summer.
- 2 large homegrown tomatoes
- 16 slices very fresh white bread
- 2 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- 1⁄2-2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- cajun seasoning (if you can get Tony's, that's the best)
- Peel tomatoes by dropping them into boiling water for a few seconds then slice into rather thick slices. Put tomatoes on a paper towel and shake seasoning on both sides and let them sit and "sweat" while you prepare the bread and mayonnaise.
- Cut bread into rounds (I use a small coffee cup) and save the crusts for bread pudding!
- Mix mayonnaise with grated onion and accent. Spread mayo mix onto each round of bread and slap a thick slice of tomato with Cajun seasoning on it and enjoy.
- I usually make a nice summer soup to go along with these.