Recipe by Cook in Mid TN
Years ago, we went to a restaurant and got an order of saute'd mushrooms...I worked for ages to duplicate it...this is what I ended up with...enjoy.
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! I made 1/2 of the recipe and we nibbled on these as an appetizer. I can't wait to try them again with steak! These are simple and oh so good! Thanks Cook in Mid TN for a great new keeper. Made for My3Chefs.
- 1 -2 lb fresh mushrooms (cut in half if large)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 ounce Lipton Onion Soup Mix (1 pkg)
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1⁄2 cup water (if needed for juice)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in iron skillet.
- Saute' onions.
- Add remaining ingredients (except Vodka).
- Simmer until done.should be fairly dark in color now. Add more water if needed.
- Add Vodka and stir -- simmer 3 more minutes.
- Serve as side dish -- especially steak.
- You can add to this recipe depending on amount of people and your enjoyment.