1/3 Photos of Unbelievable Lemon Coconut Pie
I have been really wanting to come up with my very own recipe and this is it! I spent a lot of time thinking about flavors that I wanted to try together and settled on these as I hadn't seen them paired very often. The base pie recipe is one I have used before and I just tweaked it to suit my ideas. The crust was the way my family has always made them. It is definately not low calorie, but its worth it! I have made it with the ingredients listed and that is my favorite way but I have also opted for all non fat options where I could and it was still great. It has such a delicious texture to it and it isn't super rich or sweet. I really hope you enjoy it! *don't be discouraged by the number of steps it really is simple to make!* You will have some extra of both the pie filling and the coconut filling but I just put them into glasses for a crustless dessert! Plan to make this well ahead of when you wish to serve it as the pie really firms up the second day better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- toasted coconut, for garnishing
- yellow food coloring
Coconut Filling (use 1 1/2 cups)
- 1Coconut Filling Directions:.
- 2In small bowl mix all ingredients with a hand mixer til smooth, and refrigerate til set.
- 3Pie Crust Directions:.
- 4Mix all dry ingredients in a 9-inch pie pan.
- 5Mix oil and milk together, then add to dry ingredients in pan.
- 6With fingers mix til all just moist and press lightly into pie pan. (do not overmix!).
- 7With a fork poke holes along bottom and sides of the crust and bake at 350 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.
- 8Set aside to cool.
- 9Pie Directions:.
- 10Sprinkle Gelatin over water in small saucepan, add lemon extract and vanilla extract. Heat until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly. Remove and let cool some.
- 11In large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla til fluffy.
- 12Gradually beat in warm gelatin mix until well mixed. (will now be runny). It is very important to do this gradually or you will end up with lumps you can't get out later.
- 13Chill until thickened (about 30 minutes).
- 14Beat again to soften some, and add about 5 drops of yellow food coloring. Then add cool whip and beat until well mixed and fluffy.
- 15Put about half of the mix into baked pie crust, making a dipped area to hold the coconut filling in the center.
- 16Spoon about 1 1/2 cup of the coconut filling into the pie and spread it evenly.
- 17Top with remaining Lemon filling until pie is as full as you can get it.
- 18Sprinkle toasted coconut on top and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unbelievable Lemon Coconut Pie
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.3
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of