Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a simple, healthy recipe. I couldn't believe that cauliflower and water could be so creamy and flavorful. I added curry powder after pureeing the cauliflower. You could also add chicken boullion to the water and/or fresh herbs.
Top Review by Geri by the Sea
This is a good soup base, though it definitely needs jazzing up. I made liberal use of salt, cayenne pepper, curry, soy sauce, sriracha, and balsamic vinegar... and then I topped it off with parmesan shreds and toasted almond slices. After that, my family pronounced it good. This was on a night when my cauliflower-averse partner was on a busines trip to Antarctica; when he returns, I have a mind to make it and say it's potato soup and see if he buys it ;) Thanks for the recipe! I might try it with veggie broth instead of water next time.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pepper (or to taste)
- curry or other spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Add cauliflower to food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a large pot and cover with water.
- Boil until cauliflower is completely tender and there are no more floating pieces - about 30 minutes (the time will depend on the size of the cauliflower bits).
- Take mixture back to food processor and puree until completely smooth. It's important to fully puree the the cauliflower - until it's very creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, adding more water if necessary.