Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this off of all recipes and modified it a bit. It is absolutely unbelievable! This is restaurant quality and so easy and delicious I swear you will make these over and over! Serve to guests and they will rave! I serve these in large bowls with lots of crusty bread for dipping but this could also be served on top of pasta.
- 50 small clams in shell, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; saute for 1 minute, or until tender.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Boil until wine has reduced to half its original volume.
- Add clams, cover, and steam till clams start to open.
- Add butter,lemon and red pepper flakes, cover, and cook till most or all of the clams open.
- Discard any that do not open.
- Transfer clams and juice to large bowls.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping or on top of pasta!
Restaurant quality all the way! Thank you.
Absolutely delicious! Served it with an artisan sourdough loaf, freshly steamed asparagus and a bottle of pinot grigio - some of the best clams I've ever eaten!
This was yummy! Just a word of warning...use less lemon juice first and then taste it before adding the rest. I think my lemon half was too large b/c it tasted too strongly of lemon. I think I'd also maybe try adding some veggie or chicken broth to the wine for a bit more flavor. Can't wait to try it again.