From Alive in 5 by Angela Elliot. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy! Posted for the Veg*n Recipe Swap. (I think I've read that the Himalayan and Celtic salts used in many Raw Recipes are a bit less "salty" than regular table salt, so I would salt with caution and to taste.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 cups avocados, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds (raw)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt (Himalayan)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with water and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Transfer sun-dried tomatoes and their soak-water to a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients, pulse the blender briefly, until the ingredients are just chopped and mixed.
- Should be thick and chunky.