Recipe by Debbb
You can substitute ground beef in this meatloaf recipe, if you wish. But you save the calories by using ground chicken. This recipe has a great flavour, texture and aroma!
Top Review by cyode219
I don't mean to disrespect the people who say it doesn't have any flavor, but maybe they over-flavor their food in general, because this loaf was very tasty. The carrots and ketchup add a nice sweetness, and the W. Sauce adds a zing. The onion and garlic are very aromatic as well as a great combo to the ground chicken. I love that this is low-calorie and has awesome flavor.
To those reading these reviews: yes, if you overuse (or use GENEROUSLY) condiments, spices, herbs, what-have-you on a regular basis, this might be too bland for you in it's original context. Spice it up a bit. But this is, by no means, bland or flavorless all by itself. Those comments must have been exaggerated.
Love the recipe. Gonna defend it. Thanks Debbb!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken and bread crumbs in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cut the carrot& onion into chunks and add to blender.
- Add the remaining 7 ingredients to the blender.
- Process in blender until carrot is very fine.
- Pour blender mixture over meat mixture.
- Mix very well using your hands.
- Form mixture into a loaf and place in lightly greased 9" X 13" pan.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove foil& continue baking for 15-30 minutes, until loaf is cooked through.