Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Kids and adults alike love this dish! Its easy and its so delicious. I've been making it since college days (1966) friends still request it!
- 6 bone in chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup white rice (not instant)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can French onion soup
- Melt butter in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Add the rice and all three soups.
- Mix well.
- This will look like a gloppy mess at this point but thats how it should look.
- Put the chicken breasts on top of the soup mixture and season with paprika, garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 oven for one hour.
- Remove foil and bake another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes.
There is something I just don't get. It never ceases to amaze me how someone can totally dismantle a recipe until it is nothing like the original and they say things like I used so and so because I didn't have such and such (a main ingredient) and I omitted thus and such and THEN they go on to rate the original recipe. How does that work? I really wish someone would explain it to me.
I'm giving this 5 stars, principally because it's so easy! Also, it's pretty tasty. I used frozen chicken thighs, and they didn't get dry. The times were right on. I loved the rice stuff. I only used condensed cream of mushroom, because I was trying to use it up and I didn't have the other ingredients. It worked fine.
A true comfort food in my opinion. I had to cook it about 15 minutes longer because some of the rice around the edges wasn't quite done. What a great flavor.