Prep 8 hrs 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Copied from allrecipes.com to keep my collection in one place.
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml prepared coarse-ground mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- ground black pepper
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large non-reactive container, mix the cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate 8 hours or overnight. (A large zip-top bag works great; just turn the bag over once or twice during marinating.).
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, or preheat your broiler.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard marinade. Place chicken on the prepared grill or under broiler, and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.
This really is unbelievable chicken. I loved, loved, loved this simple recipe. The marinade flavor really comes through in the finished product. I marinated mine overnight and then threw the chicken on the grill when I got home from work. So easy.
Oh boy - great chicken! I also boiled down some of the marinade to glaze the chicken while grilling. Loved the sweet and tangy flavor of this - thanks for sharing a great recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by AZPARZYCH)
This is really good!! I got this recipe emailed from allrecipes as well and have been saving it for a while. Made as directed, had to broil the chicken because the grill was covered in snow. I kept the marinade and boiled it on the stovetop and reduced it down to a glaze and basted the chicken frequently. Will make again when I can grill it. Made for Healthy Choices Feb 2010.