Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The moistest meatloaf you will ever eat. It is easy, delicious and no fuss. Soon to be your favorite!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- bay leaf (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cracker crumbs, finely crushed
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 29 ounces tomato sauce (canned)
- 10 potatoes
- Mix well-egg, salt, pepper, cracker crumbs together.
- Add ground Beef and onion.
- Add 4 tbsp water (depending on consistency of meatloaf).
- Form into a round flat on bottom loaf.
- Bring 2 qt of water to a boil in a 4 qt pot.
- Make a "zig zag snake" out of 2 ft aluminum foil-crinkled and formed into a zig zag snake about 1/2 tall Place foil "zig zag snake" on bottom of pot. Put meatloaf on top of foil snake. (this prevents it from burning on the bottom of the pan).
- Add meatloaf to boiling water, cover, bring back to full boil. approx 15 minutes.
- While meatloaf is cooking, peel and quarter potatoes.
- Add potatoes around the sides of the meatloaf.
- Medium boil for approx 20 minutes.
- Drain off 1/2 water, discard.
- Add tomato sauce, continue boiling until cooked down into gravy-like consistency, approx 45 min to hour.
- Sauce will thicken from the potato starch in water, making a light tomato gravy.
- Remove meatloaf from pot, place on large plate. Slice meatloaf.
- Remove potatoes and place around meatloaf.
- Serve the tomato gravy on side. We love this with steamed Brussels Sprouts and carrots.