Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
If you want some great BBQ for ribs and pork try this. My family has me make this every time I come home and they just devour it! I usually make extra servings so I can bottle it up and give it to my family when they come over :) It's a great idea to use as a gift item in a basket with some smoked cheese and crackers.
- 473.18 ml catsup
- 236.59 ml molasses
- 236.59-354.88 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml of minced garlic
- 29.58 ml of chopped onions
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml black pepper
- 7.39-14.79 ml sea salt
- 7.39 ml paprika
- 3.69 ml cayenne
- 7.39 ml liquid smoke
- 0.25 ml whiskey
- Saute the onions and garlic in white wine vinegar. The onions will be close to clear when they are done. Bring down to a simmer.
- Mix the catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and molasses together and add to the onions and garlic then stir. (read notes).
- Add pepper, sea salt, paprika, cayenne, and "Tony's"; stir.
- Add liquid smoke and add whiskey to taste. (read notes).
- *** If you like your BBQ a little sweet like me, add a little more brown sugar to your mixture. I usually use about 1.5 cups to 2 cups.***.
- *** If you use a whiskey you need to let it sit over night for the more robust flavor.***.
This is truly an unbelievable BBQ sauce, has a nice sweet and sour flavor with a hint of smoked taste. Once I had all the ingredients stirred in (including the whiskey) I brought it to a boil and then simmered covered for 1 hour. Cooled, refrigerated over night and served with Recipe #296743. Made for *Fall 2008 PAC* Thanks!