1/1 Photo of Unbelievable BBQ Sauce
Gulf Coast Girl's Note:
If you want some great BBQ for ribs and pork try this. My family has me make this every time I come home and they just devour it! I usually make extra servings so I can bottle it up and give it to my family when they come over :) It's a great idea to use as a gift item in a basket with some smoked cheese and crackers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups catsup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 -1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2-1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 dash whiskey
- 1Saute the onions and garlic in white wine vinegar. The onions will be close to clear when they are done. Bring down to a simmer.
- 2Mix the catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire, and molasses together and add to the onions and garlic then stir. (read notes).
- 3Add pepper, sea salt, paprika, cayenne, and "Tony's"; stir.
- 4Add liquid smoke and add whiskey to taste. (read notes).
- 6*** If you like your BBQ a little sweet like me, add a little more brown sugar to your mixture. I usually use about 1.5 cups to 2 cups.***.
- 7*** If you use a whiskey you need to let it sit over night for the more robust flavor.***.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unbelievable BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.8
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2346.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 128.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar