Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a healthy alternative to fried wings: one of my famous recipes! The meat will fall off the bone! Unbelievable!
- Fill a large pot half way with water and then add the first 4 ingredients.
- Bring water mixture and wings to a boil and then boil for 15 minutes.
- Transfer wings to an oven safe container coated with cooking spray. Bake wings on "Broil" (high) for 15 minutes on each side.(For crispier wings, cook longer on each side, maybe 20 minutes per side).
- While waiting for wings, combine the Hot Sauce and Margarine in a microwave safe container and cook in microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. (You can cook the sauce longer for a thicker sauce).
- When wings are done, shake 'em up with the sauce and enjoy!
These were excellent! I made 2 batches. One of the reviews suggested that you brush with oil. This batch did not come out crispy. My second batch came out excellent, but I put the wings on a rack coated with cooking spray so they did not soak up any drippings. Very crispy and very delicious! NOTE: You can boil up a large batch of wings, cook some and freeze the rest. Thaw and just broil!
I did not add all the cayenne and red pepper flakes to the water when boiling and should have cut down on the salt also. However, this is a fabulous method and produced wings that tasted char broiled. So so good! I mixed 4 tablespoons melted butter with 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar and 1/3 cup of hot sauce and brushed it on before broiling.(Perfect amount of sauce for 14 individual sections of wings.) Less than 10 minutes per side and they were perfect! My quest for a great wing recipe is over. Thanks so much for sharing.
Amazing, genius, unbelievable! I could go on and on! As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing worse than soggy wings. These were perfect- juicy meat on the inside and crispy skin on the outside. I used wingettes and Frank's hot sauce. Broiled them on the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes on the first side and 12 minutes on the other side. Came out fantastic! Thanks for a great recipe. I will definitely be making these again.