1/9 Photos of Unbelievable Apple Pie
Caroline Cooks's Note:
I've been making this wonderful pie for years. It's so easy and tasty. Everyone wonders what's in it. This pie can bake while you eat dinner and then, voila...hot apple pie for dessert. Yum! UPDATE: I've been asked if instant pudding mix is OK--yes! When the recipe was published there was no instant; tried the instant in it--works fine! LOL
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cups Granny Smith apples (1/4-inch slices)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
- 1In mixing bowl, combine apples and pie/pudding (DRY) mix; toss to coat well.
- 2Place apple mixture in unbaked pie crust.
- 3In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- 4Sprinkle topping over apples.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes until topping is golden brown and pie is bubbly.
- 6(Try different pudding mixes and fruits--peaches are yum--for different flavors). I serve it with a scoop of butter pecan or rum raisin ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Unbelievable Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 254.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g