Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is a recipe that i use in the summers of montauk n.y. to cool off!
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (whole low fat or skim milk)
- 1⁄2 cup strained fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 12 small key limes, to yield 1/2 cup juice
- 3 -4 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3⁄4 cup cold heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- whisk together until well blended in a medium bowl the condensed milk,fresh lime juice and zest.
- pour the filling into pie crust,refrigerate for 4 hours to set the filling completely or freeze for 2 hours.
- before serving, whip until thickened;.
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream.
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar.