Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a family favorite recipe prepared every year by my mother Ruth. This fruit cake is much like a soft cookie dough and we all enjoy the taste.
- 1 lb miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) box graham crackers, crushed
- 1 lb raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle red maraschino cherries (drain and chop)
- 1 (4 ounce) bottle green maraschino cherries (drain and chop)
- 2 cups walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a double boiler.
- Mix all ingredients and pour marshmallow mixture over dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Place wax paper in a loaf pan. Press mixture tight in pan and chill. May be frozen.