Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice light creamy coffee flavoured cheesecake. A change from the usual chocolate or lemon. I usually use Arnotts 'Nice' biscuits. Cook time does not include any chilling time. NOTE: Biscuits in New Zealand are Cookies in the USA.
- 175 g coconut biscuits (or other sweet biscuit)
- 75 g butter (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (extra)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (softly whipped)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (whipped for decoration)
- grated chocolate, for decoration
- Crush biscuits and add melted butter.
- Mix then press into a 20cm springform pan and refrigerate.
- Add beaten egg yolks to sugar salt and gelatine in a pot.
- Mix in the milk and blend well.
- Place over a low heat and stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in instant coffee and cool.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir into the gelatine mixture with the vanilla.
- Place in fridge and stir occasionally until creamy and smooth and cooled.
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks, add second measure of sugar and beat until stiff.
- Fold into the cooled gelatine mixture.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of cream that has been softly whipped and mix till smooth.
- Pour onto crust and refrigerate 4-8hrs or overnight.
- Before serving decorate with rosettes of whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
AWESOME cheesecake. This was one of my Christmas Day desserts - great tasting and made for great presentation. Can't began to describe the lovely texture! Made as posted and used some really good chocolate to make those curls ... yes awesome! Served this with tiny glasses of Baileys which has me thinking to just using 1 teaspoon of the coffee and adding some Baileys next time around - either way a fabulous dessert. Thank you Jen.