Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter (optional)
- 4 cups quick oats
- Put first 4 ingredients into a 2 quart saucepan and bring to a full, rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add oatmeal and stir well.
- Drop teaspoonfuls onto a well greased cookie sheet. Chill for 1 hour.
Very good and very easy. I used creamy peanut butter instead of chunky and a little extra vanilla. My kids loved it! We will definitly be making this again.
I halved the recipe and left out the peanut butter, other than that I followed the instructions. The cookies are nice enough but I think I will just make chocolate fridge cake or chocolate flapjacks next time. This is personal preference and no reflection on the recipe. Thanks for posting!
I made these for my Daughter and she loved them, I would certainly make them again.**