Recipe by mumoffour
I got this recipe from my mother. I have been making it myself for the last 18 years and my family just adores it. It is a christmas tradition in our house!
Top Review by Chefaiath
This is the cheesecake i grew up with. Its my husbands favourite. This is not like a baked cheesecake. This cheesecake is much lighter. Its so wonderfully simple too! Make sure to use real whipping cream. My mom started using cool whip. It SUCKS.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (19 ounce) can cherry pie filling (blueberry works well also)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend creamcheese and icing sugar well.
- In a separate bowl, combine whipcream and vanilla till soft peaks.
- Add whipcream mixture to creamcheese mixture and beat well.
- Set aside and prepare crust.
- Combine graham crumbs and sugar.
- Add melted butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, or into a 10 inch pie plate going up the sides a bit.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Add your topping and chill for about 1 hour.