Recipe by Denise in da Kitchen
I found this recipe in the paper and thought it would be perfect for company when you don't know exactly when you'll be serving dinner! (I think it would work well with Wildheart's Crock-pot potatoes #40325.) Although I haven't tried it yet, I think the secret is to remember NOT TO OPEN THE OVEN DOOR! Note - the size of the roast doesn't matter and cooking time does NOT include waiting time.
Top Review by COLauren
If you have an expensive piece of meat and are afraid you will ruin it, then this is the recipe for you. It is amazing how perfect it comes out and there is no way that you can screw this up. You will love it!
- 1 (3 lb) standing rib roast (no size was specified in recipe, but I couldn't post it without one)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- At noon, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season roast with salt and pepper.
- Put roast in preheated oven, uncovered.
- After 1 hour, turn oven off and DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR.
- Thirty to Forty minutes before serving, turn oven on again to 375 degrees.
- Roast will be medium-rare in center and well done around the edges.