Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was looking for something different to do with leftover ham. I found pea soup & tetrazzini recipes. I don't like mushrooms, so I edited, altered & combined a few recipes to come up with this... it's probably closer to mac & cheese with meat than tetrazzini but oh well! Being lazy, I added about 6c baby spinach to make it a 1 dish meal. ;)
- 453.59 g spaghetti
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml onions, minced
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour, warmed
- 946.36 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 946.36 ml cubed leftover ham or 946.36 ml cooked chicken or 946.36 ml cooked turkey or 946.36 ml cooked beef, etc
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed & chopped
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- black pepper, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- In medium saucepan or in the top of a double boiler, melt butter. Add onion & cook until softened. Whisk in flour until thickened then add warm milk. Bring to a boil (if using double boiler, set over direct heat for a few minutes to do this), whisking constantly. Add cheese & Worcestershire.
- Combine pasta & sauce. Stir in meat & scallions. Pour into an oil sprayed casserole dish, at least 9x13", sprinkle top with 1/2 c parmesan cheese & black pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly.