Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was looking for something different to do with leftover ham. I found pea soup & tetrazzini recipes. I don't like mushrooms, so I edited, altered & combined a few recipes to come up with this... it's probably closer to mac & cheese with meat than tetrazzini but oh well! Being lazy, I added about 6c baby spinach to make it a 1 dish meal. ;)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, warmed
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups cubed leftover ham or 4 cups cooked chicken or 4 cups cooked turkey or 4 cups cooked beef, etc
- 1 bunch scallion, trimmed & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- black pepper, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook spaghetti until al dente. Drain.
- In medium saucepan or in the top of a double boiler, melt butter. Add onion & cook until softened. Whisk in flour until thickened then add warm milk. Bring to a boil (if using double boiler, set over direct heat for a few minutes to do this), whisking constantly. Add cheese & Worcestershire.
- Combine pasta & sauce. Stir in meat & scallions. Pour into an oil sprayed casserole dish, at least 9x13", sprinkle top with 1/2 c parmesan cheese & black pepper. Bake 15-20 minutes until bubbly.