Easy to pack for lunches. I make a batch ahead of time, freeze them into servings, then take one to work for a good home-made lunch.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 32 ounces stewed tomatoes or 32 ounces diced tomatoes
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown sausage then place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the cheese.
- Cook, covered, 3 hours on high, or 6 hours on low.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cook another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.