Easy to pack for lunches. I make a batch ahead of time, freeze them into servings, then take one to work for a good home-made lunch.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 lb sweet sausage
- 32 ounces stewed tomatoes or 32 ounces diced tomatoes
- 32 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown sausage then place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the cheese.
- Cook, covered, 3 hours on high, or 6 hours on low.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and cook another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
I've made this a few times, but on the stove top. It's easy and delicious and never gets complaints!
I made this the other night and it was wonderful! We all really liked it!
Our family enjoyed this recipe. I made it exactly as suggested, using the diced tomato option. The only rice I had on hand was the Success 10 minute Boil-in-Bag variety so instead of adding it at the beginning and risking it getting mushy, I cooked it and added it 30 minutes before I served dinner. I also added some seasoned salt and dill since I usually put that in my regular stuffed peppers. It was great! My husband actually said that he liked this just as much as the real thing! Thank you for posting. I will definitely be making it again!